A few days ago our little blog was nominated for its first award by dedairyfy who creates recipes for dairy intolerant people.
She nominated us for the Liebster (germ. dearest) Award which especially helps smaller blogs to get more recognition and traffic.
If you’re nominated you should either publish the award logo in a blog post or on the side bar, link back to the blogger that nominated you and answer 10 questions asked by that blog. Afterwards you nominate 10 other blogs with less than 1000 followers and create a new set of 10 questions for them. Of course you should also contact them about their nomination.
Because we are two people writing this blog we’ll answer the questions together.
1. Why did you start blogging?
We started blogging together because we wanted to share parts of our lives. As an intercultural couple there are always new things to discover, especially when at least one always lives in a country that is not their home.
2. What motivates you to continue blogging?
This blog has been getting more popular and more people are reading it now than only friends and family. We like to create recipes and write about topics that are relevant to a lot of people. Taking pictures and publishing them is also an enjoyable part of blogging.
3. How do you carve out time to write?
It is tricky sometimes. Especially when you see other blogs that publish a couple of posts per week. We are two people so you’d figure we’d have time to write all the time but unfortunately that is not the case. We just try to write on the weekends or after work.
4. What is your blogging goal?
Maybe growing a bit bigger and creating more interesting recipes.
5. If you could sell everything you owned and just move somewhere, where would you go?
That’s actually what we are doing at the moment since we’re planning to move to Germany in the summer.
6. What are three things on your bucket list?
Opening our own café, traveling the world, owning a house with a garden.
7. What’s your favorite dessert?
Stef: For me at the moment it’s our Cookie Dough Brownie Cake.
Tiia: Depends on my mood a lot but right now it would be baklava or something with fresh berries.
8. If you won $1000, what would you do?
I guess put it in the savings box for moving but that is really boring and maybe it would be better invested in a Vitamix or Optimum.
9. What is your perfect night out like?
Going out for dinner and to a bar afterwards with nice music and drinks.
10. What is your perfect night in like?
Nice food, cocktails and music. So both are actually quite similar.
Our 10 nominations for the Liebster Award:
Our 10 new questions for these blogs (German blogs can of course answer in German if they like):
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your blogging goal?
3. Have there been any special blog moments you’d like to share?
4. If you’d have one extra day per week what would you do on that day?
5. What is your favourite breakfast?
6. Where would you like to go on a holiday?
7. Have you ever won anything?
8. Is there anything you would write a blog about but think that people just wouldn’t be interested in?
9. Food from your home country that you would definitely miss abroad?
10. What do you like to do in your free time when you’re not blogging?
We hope you had nice Easter days with lots of good food, friends and family!
Tiia & Stef